Golf Drainage for Greens, Bunkers, Tee Boxes and Fairways
What Drains Better than Air?
“Our system works in any design with a sand profile”
Thru a research project conducted at Texas A&M, it was concluded that you can reduce your irrigation frequency using AirField Systems AirDrain Golf Drainage. The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association. The data from the research showed that the AirField Systems drainage profile provided between one to three more days of plant available water than a United States Golf Association recommended gravel and sand profile.
Product OverviewSuperior Golf PerformanceWith AirDrain you can capture and reuse storm water and expensive irrigation. AirDrain provides 100% vertical drainage under every inch of your playing surface, allowing water to drain more uniformly while keeping your greens, tee boxes and bunkers playable.In addition, AirDrain by AirField Systems can significantly save on installation time because much less excavation is required compared to the traditional gravel drainage layers that have a much deeper profile. AirDrain arrives on site in 53” trailers, palletized and ready for install. Unlike gravel drainage, with AirDrain there is no need for heavy dump trucks that can compact your golf course.
Before you build or renovate a bunker READ THIS! AirDrain Bunkers are:
- Simple, Fast and Easy
- Quick and effective bunker renovation.
- NO need to rework your clogged herringbone drainage system.
- AirDrain replaces the traditional herringbone drainage system!
- With AirDrain only the exit drain(s) are necessary.
- The AirDrain System provides so much more square footage of drainage that FINES SHOULD never clog the system!
- Superior Bunker Drainage with our 1” high 92% air void allowing water to move without obstruction to the exit drain(s).
- Long lasting drainage solution. AirDrain can be used through multiple sand cleanings or replacement.
- Minimal site disturbance with far less excavation and disposal for new bunker construction.
The AirDrain Advantage
Benefits of an AirField AirDrain Golf System include:
- 1 to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- Compact shipping that reduces overall storage and transportation costs
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table without peat moss or clay
Specifications, Studies and Downloads
To discuss your golf construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.