The AirDrain geocell has patented expansion and contraction connectors built into the part and can add valuable LEED points to any green roofing project with a unique and extremely easy to install assembly design and 100% post-manufactured recycled content. Lightweight at only 3.1 pounds per 7 square feet, with a rating 33,552 psf, AirDrain is the ideal drainage medium for rooftop applications whether decorative or in constant use. Move water rapidly or capture it for retention with AirDrain 92% air void and drainage notches it’s easy. No other product stacks and ships more compactly, reducing the number of trucks and the amount of fuel required to transport to the green roof job site.
Build a better green roof with AirDrain.
An AirField Systems AirDrain grid helps create a GMAX that is consistent across the entire field. Some factors that might influence a change in GMAX would be an inconsistency of the infill or wear of the synthetic turf fibers. Unlike traditional shock pads or e-layers the AirField Systems AirDrain grid is 1″ high, extremely light weight at 3.1 lbs per 7 sqft., 233 psi (unfilled) and has a 92% air void. It’s vertical and lateral drainage unmatched in the industry, all but eliminates standing water and moisture trapped on the rooftop.
A research project conducted at Texas A&M, has concluded that you can greatly reduce your irrigation needs using AirField Systems AirDrain. The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association. The data from the research showed that the AirField Systems drainage profile provided between one to three more days of plant available water than a United States Golf Association (USGA) recommended gravel and sand profile.
The AirDrain Advantage
Benefits of AirField Systems AirDrain in a green roofing system include:
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a constant Gmax for Synthetic Turf
- Shock absorption reduces the strain on joints and ligaments
- AirDrain can be reused when the Synthetic Turf must be replaced
- Can help qualify for LEED and other green building credits
- A smaller carbon and development footprint with greatly reduced excavation and site disturbance
- Water harvesting reclamation and reuse is easy
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own almost perfect perched water table
- Resins can be made to the following specification “Flammability UL 94 Medium Impact Flame Retardant Polypropylene Copolymer Resins”
Specifications, Studies and Downloads
Green Roof – Rooftop Drainage
To discuss your green roof construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.
A design with AirDrain should always insure the integrity of what is below the grid for the life of the project.