AirField Systems Click Here to view the AirField Systems Product Brochure
For over a decade, AirField Systems has designed and manufactured the most advanced geocell product for modern construction. Made in America of 100% recycled post-manufactured content, AirDrain and AirPave from AirField Systems are the superior choices for:
- Sports field drainage
- Golf drainage
- Porous paving
- Grass paving
- Grass fire lanes
- Green roofing
- K9 areas
- Equine applications
- Flat marker stabilization
- Many more
ARCAT is a valuable resource for creating a complete set of CSI specifications.
AirPave Grass Paving System
Previously, drainage cells were difficult to assemble, costly to ship, and extremely expensive. Now, with AirPave’s patented quick connectors, assembly is a snap. What’s more, the AirPave geocell stacks for efficient shipping and storage. All of this at an incredible price makes AirPave the superior geocell for any porous paving project.
From fire lanes, overflow, and event parking, to temporary and stadium parking, the AirPave grass pave system delivers. The incredibly strong AirPave geocell prevents rutting from traffic and protects turf roots from damage.
AirPave also enhances the environment by naturally filtering auto and air pollutants while reducing hot surface temperatures. By routing rainwater directly into the earth as nature intended, the need for costly storm water structures can be drastically reduced or completely eliminated.
Create beauty and comfort with the unbeatable price and performance of an AirPave grass pave system.
AirPave Grass Paving Product Overview:
- AirPave can save the owner up to $0.80 per square foot or more over our competitors. Fertilizer included with a Guaranteed Analysis
- Up to 40% cost savings on shipping, compared with rolled grass paving systems
- AirPave has been installed in over 400 projects
- 100% recycled injection-molded copolymer polypropylene plastic units with an impact modifier added to achieve a (NO-BREAK) plastic classification and a minimum 3% carbon black added for UV protection
- Loading capability is equal to 233 psi empty capacity and 6,747 psi when filled with sand, over an appropriate base depth that provides adequate support for project design loads.
- AirPave is shipped palletized at 7 sq. ft. per part 114 parts per pallet and approximately 795 sq. ft. per pallet. Unit weight = 3.10 lbs, volume = 8% solid
AirDrain Drainage System
AirField Systems AirDrain grid creates a GMAX/HIC that is consistent across the entire synthetic playing surface. Unlike traditional shock pads or e-layers the AirField Systems AirDrain grid is 1″ high, extremely light weight at 3.1 lbs per 7 sqft., 233 psi (unfilled) and has a 92% air void, giving it unmatched vertical and lateral drainage. AirDrain also creates it’s own perched water table on the bottom of the sand profile to promote healthy root growth for natural turf surfaces. The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association.
Benefits of an AirField System Design include:
- 1 to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a constant Gmax for Synthetic Turf fields
- Consistent Gmax and Shock Attenuation can reduce the risk of head injury
- Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table without peat moss or clay
With 7 U.S. patents AirField Systems has enjoyed tremendous success all over the world. AirField continues to be an innovator and is utilized in a variety of green building markets.