AirDrain Playground Drainage – What drains better than Air?
AirDrain with its 100% vertical drainage and 92% air is designed to collect and re-direct water, actually raising the entire profile 1” off the subbase and bringing gravity into play allowing the area to dry quickly and efficiently. The result is a more stable surface area, reduced expense for repair materials and more play time.
For playgrounds the AirDrain System is placed on the prepared subbase. Whether using loose fill products, such as engineered wood fiber or rubber chips, or using unitary surfaces, such as rubber tiles or poured in place rubber, the playground area needs proper water drainage. Wood chips can be placed directly on top of the geotextile. The filter fabric retains the wood chip particles while allowing water to freely enter the drainage core.
The AirDrain Advantage
Benefits of an AirField AirDrain playground drainage system include:
- AirDrain raises the entire profile 1” off the subbase and bringing gravity into play
- AirDrain’s 92% air-void space for fast and easy water removal
- Consistent HIC and Gmax for the life of the AirDrain providing a safe play area
- 100% post industrial recycled content
- AirDrain’s quick snap connectors allows for effortless installation
- Minimal site disturbance, far less excavation and disposal
- Compact shipping reducing transportation costs
Specifications, Studies and Downloads
Synthetic Turf Drainage
To discuss your playground construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.