For over 10 years AirDrain has been the leading product for green sports building, saving time, cost and the environment, while making field sports safer. With installations worldwide, AirDrain is the proven modern sports field drainage system, and the NFL Player’s Choice since 2006. Whether your application is natural or synthetic turf, AirDrain has you covered. Read on to learn about the AirDrain for sports solution.
The AirDrain Systems 100% vertical and horizontal drainage capabilities eliminates the need for traditional base drainage systems, such as herringbone trenching or flat pipe etc. only needing perimeter or exit drains.
Thru a research project conducted at Texas A&M, it was concluded that you can reduce your irrigation needs using AirField Systems AirDrain. The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association. The data from the research showed that the AirField Systems drainage profile provided between one to three more days of plant available water than a United States Golf Association recommended gravel and sand profile.
AirDrain Synthetic Turf Drainage Doubles as a Drainage Layer and Shock Pad
Whether installed on an aggregate base, concrete or asphalt the AirDrain drainage grid helps provide you with a consistent GMAX across the entire field. Some factors that might influence a change in GMAX would be an inconsistency of the infill or wear of the synthetic turf fibers. Unlike traditional shock pads / e-layer the AirDrain is 1″ high, has a 92% air void. This unmatched vertical and lateral drainage all but eliminates standing water even at a 0.25% slope.
The AirDrain Advantage
Benefits of an AirField AirDrain Sports Field System include:
- 1 to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- Compact shipping that reduces overall storage and transportation costs
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table
Specifications, Studies and Downloads
Sports Fields – Natural Turf Drainage
Sports Fields – Synthetic Turf Drainage
To discuss your sports construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.